Strong Rooms is inviting young artists to respond to the question; Why Archives?
Strong Rooms was 2016’s collaboration between Soul City Arts and Archives West Midlands to develop new links between archives (Coventry, Dudley, Rugby, and Worcester) and artists.
Young artists are invited to submit spoken word, photography, typography, illustration or paintings reflecting on the importance of archives.
FIRST PRIZE – £50 Amazon voucher
2 x RUNNER UP – £25 Amazon voucher
Entries should be emailed to Justin Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 17 February 2017
Please include name, age, address and contact number.
Terms & Conditions
- This competition is open to all residents of the UK, except for employees of participating archive services, their families or anyone else associated with this competition.
- If you are under 16 please secure parental permission before submitting your entry.
- All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all terms and conditions are adhered to. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries should be via email to email@example.com. All entries must be submitted with name, age, and contact details.
- We regret that we are unable to accept postal entries.
- All entries must be received by 23:59 on 17 February 2017. Late, incomplete or corrupt entries will not be accepted.
- All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere (excluding social media) or have won a prize in any other art competition.
- Entrants must ensure that the artwork they are submitting is their own work, that they own the copyright for it and that they do not infringe the copyright or other rights of any third party or any laws.
- Entrants will retain copyright and moral rights in their submitted artwork however, by entering, all entrants grant Strong Rooms and partner organisations non-exclusive rights to use the images without recompense.
- Strong Rooms and partner organisations will ensure the artist will always be credited whenever his or her image is used and published.
- The winners may be required to take part in publicity and their name and county may be published on Strong Rooms website, social media accounts, and other publications.